ever seen the Coinalyzer?

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
blkcwbyhat said:
Seen these on feebay pretty cheap! Supposed to sort pennies and silver. Go to Coinalyzer.com for a video.

Very VERY slow. I'll stick with the Ryedale. :-)

engine 823

Dec 27, 2007
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
I bought one! It's not all that!!!! I invested in a ryedale a month later and never looked back. Coinalyzer collects dust now! I'll sell it cheap!

OP
OP
B

blkcwbyhat

Dec 3, 2010
Engine!! How much??? I'd love to play with one of these! For the prices I've seen,I bet I could make a neat toy!

OP
OP
B

blkcwbyhat

Dec 3, 2010
with all the hype for the Ryedale,I went hunting for one....The sniper use's the coinalyzer as a sorter!!! LOL

Ryedale

Feb 3, 2007
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
blkcwbyhat said:
with all the hype for the Ryedale,I went hunting for one....The sniper use's the coinalyzer as a sorter!!! LOL

I hope this isn't interpreted as a sales pitch, just want to clarify.
The Sniper and Coinalyzer use Identical coin comparators purchased from the same manufacturer in China.
The "Coinalyzer" as well as the "Sniper" are like Chevy and Ford, using the same Firestone tires.
The Coinalyzer was selling at $149 before the Sniper was offered at $130.
Sniper has a metal framework (not glued together wood) and proprietary (Ryedale) infeed plastic for easier feeding.
I've taken 5 Snipers back on trade towards the power fed "Apprentice" unit if that tells you anything.
People buy both units because they better than hand sorting.
Heres one on Youtube [youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7bdIrRVoh4[/youtube]

OP
OP
B

blkcwbyhat

Dec 3, 2010
to Ryedale
I never meant to imply that the coinalyzer was as nice as a unit as you have. I'd never seen the inner workings of either of your designs until recently.I apologize if I mislead anyone.Trust me,being a machinist myself,I admire the work and craftsmanship of your design.And the added cost of all the molded parts make yours well worth the cost. I'm just a low budget kinda guy.Once again,sorry if I offended you,not intended.

Ryedale

Feb 3, 2007
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
blkcwbyhat said:
to Ryedale
I never meant to imply that the coinalyzer was as nice as a unit as you have. I'd never seen the inner workings of either of your designs until recently.I apologize if I mislead anyone.Trust me,being a machinist myself,I admire the work and craftsmanship of your design.And the added cost of all the molded parts make yours well worth the cost. I'm just a low budget kinda guy.Once again,sorry if I offended you,not intended.

No worries, thanks for the kudos on the machines. I wish there was a low cost reliable feeder to set up with the import comparator, becasuse I realize there is a large market for a nice inexpensive sorter. I'm working on a couple things towards this end, but for now it's just the hand fed and the Apprentice. Really no offence taken, and like i said just trying to shed light on the reality and power of imported goods to our markets. He sells just a comparator and power supply for $39 in a "Do it yourself" kit, so it tells a story about his cost of goods sold (cogs). The Chinese do this with so many products.
Andy

OP
OP
B

blkcwbyhat

Dec 3, 2010
Andy,
Happy I didn't offend you.Trust me,if I had the $$ to spare,I'd have one of yours! I picked up one of these to play with,and so far it seems great! I made the hokey wooden box thing for testing it,and so far the best style/design I could imagine was the sniper style.I do have a few ideas for a feeding setup tho.I think I'm getting tarpal tunnel from feeding it like a vending machine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread