Everyone has their personal " White Whale"...

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For me it has been a Barber quarter. I have dug many Barber dimes, but never...never a Barber quarter. Today. I was able to check that particular coin off my wish list. I hit a low laying section of woods this morning after some pretty good rain the night before. First decent target ( 81 VDI on the AT Pro) turned out to be an 1820 large cent. Wow! What a way to start the day. About 50 feet away, I got an "iffy" signal that was jumping around in the 70's and 80's. After some serious root cutting, I popped out an IHP. Re-scanned the hole, and the signal remained. Did some additional root cutting, and down about 6-8 inches out came my " white whale", a 1895 Barber quarter. The next couple of hours produced a very crunchy IHP and Liberty nickel, along with a couple of wheaties, and assorted iron targets. All in all a really fantastic day of detecting!

001.JPG004.JPG008.JPG010.JPG012.JPG005.JPG

Upvote 39
Good job I'm happy for you this is what is all about! Keep up the good finds I have a Sea of white whales I'm trying to harpoon!!!!

What a great day you had fellow Mass-hunter! That Barber quarter is awesome- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Just one white whale? Very nice quarter. One to be proud of. Congrats

Nice one strike off the bucket list, the copper is looking pretty good as well lots of detail.

I think you took ol' Hawkeye's Barber. :laughing9: Nice coin!

Congratualtions on the silver and old copper! :occasion14:

A Barber half would knock me down.... congrats on your quarter!

Nice finds. That Barber really cleaned up nice. A real beauty.

Good job I'm happy for you this is what is all about! Keep up the good finds I have a Sea of white whales I'm trying to harpoon!!!!

Oh you better watch out. Moby Dick's gonna' GET YA'!:wave:

Fantastic is what I'd call it mate. That's some very nice woods you'd be frolicking in.:hello2:

Congrats on your first Barber quarter, and the rest of your finds are pretty great too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back