Everyone's favorite type of treasurenet post!

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done it, I have decided to join the hordes of folks that are making youtube content. When I was a kid I used to love filming and editing with my friends, mostly skate videos. So now that skateboarding hurts too much, why not make videos of my current hobby? These are the first videos I've filmed and edited in about 20 years. But yeah please watch if youd like, if you have any suggestions for how I could improve let me know. I'll admit this video isnt my favorite, I didnt find much , but I learned a lot about making a detecting video and I had a lot of fun doing it. My good friend told me the other day "The first step to being great at something, is sucking at it!" so I think thats what I'm going with for now. Step one to greatness haha! I'm going to put out another one of me bottle digging in a few days. Let me know what you think, not expecting much as these posts don't tend to get a lot of traction, but I'd figured I would try to get some criticism from the type of people I would expect to be my audience. Thanks!

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think the video was a good start. The ones that I won’t watch are from the people who fake excitement when they find something. The people I know who hunt are pretty low key, I have yet to see anyone out hunting that jumps up and down yelling when they find a good target. Keep the content real and don’t get caught up in the how can I get more views mentality.

OP
OP
Hbot37

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the video was a good start. The ones that I won’t watch are from the people who fake excitement when they find something. The people I know who hunt are pretty low key, I have yet to see anyone out hunting that jumps up and down yelling when they find a good target. Keep the content real and don’t get caught up in the how can I get more views mentality.
Thanks for watching I appreciate it! I'm not a super excitable guy so I don't think you'll ever see me going crazy unless I find something legitimately life changing. I learned a lot making this, so I think they'll get better as I continue. Thanks Again!

OP
OP
Hbot37

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the best part of the YouTube thing so far is that in the studio section on your channel you can see so many graphs and statistics for your content. I love it! Could mess with it forever.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done it, I have decided to join the hordes of folks that are making youtube content. When I was a kid I used to love filming and editing with my friends, mostly skate videos. So now that skateboarding hurts too much, why not make videos of my current hobby? These are the first videos I've filmed and edited in about 20 years. But yeah please watch if youd like, if you have any suggestions for how I could improve let me know. I'll admit this video isnt my favorite, I didnt find much , but I learned a lot about making a detecting video and I had a lot of fun doing it. My good friend told me the other day "The first step to being great at something, is sucking at it!" so I think thats what I'm going with for now. Step one to greatness haha! I'm going to put out another one of me bottle digging in a few days. Let me know what you think, not expecting much as these posts don't tend to get a lot of traction, but I'd figured I would try to get some criticism from the type of people I would expect to be my audience. Thanks!

I kept my Merry Widow condom case .. hahaha

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want the whole series now, need to find the house of a formerly "independent" woman haha
I've only dug one type of aluminum Merry Widow Condom Case, are ther more than one type, because I have what you have :dontknow: 😳:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've only dug one type of aluminum Merry Widow Condom Case, are ther more than one type, because I have what you have :dontknow: 😳:laughing7:
There's 3 versions at least. 1 with a 50 cents, 1 with a $1.00, another plain (no price)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The video
Too long of a black screen at the start.
(Almost clicked off)
Keep introduction short, don't fall into some music introduction/driving/drinking coffee type of start.
(Some have 3-5min. of start crap=fast forward)
I watched your first video, low keyed, no fake crap, NO DRAMA liking that, the round up was a little fuzzy, the still shot and ending was good.
So from a guy that really does the slide the edit time along in videos, just wants to see the recoveries, cut the bs type of thing.
You did quite well, so congrats.
The 3 Widows Tin is a keeper, hard to find in a complete state. The aluminum rots and is usually pitted.

OP
OP
Hbot37

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The video
Too long of a black screen at the start.
(Almost clicked off)
Keep introduction short, don't fall into some music introduction/driving/drinking coffee type of start.
(Some have 3-5min. of start crap=fast forward)
I watched your first video, low keyed, no fake crap, NO DRAMA liking that, the round up was a little fuzzy, the still shot and ending was good.
So from a guy that really does the slide the edit time along in videos, just wants to see the recoveries, cut the bs type of thing.
You did quite well, so congrats.
The 3 Widows Tin is a keeper, hard to find in a complete state. The aluminum rots and is usually pitted.
Thanks for watching and the critique!

OP
OP
Hbot37

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got video number 2 finished. It's me doing some bottle digging. I re-jiggered my intro a bit to shorten it (I knew all the car shots were terrible as soon as the first time I watched the video back and vowed never again!). Also less black screen. Much better finds for this video too. But let me know what y'all think. Thanks for looking!

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you carry all those bottles out with you ? without them breaking or clacking together... ?

OP
OP
Hbot37

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you carry all those bottles out with you ? without them breaking or clacking together... ?
On the way in my pack is filled with a bunch of hand towels that I use to wrap around the bottles to pack them out. All the towels also come in handy because of all the mud.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread