EX/ Quick Silver

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
Haven't touched this machine on two years. Been sitting in my asst. managers apartment for over 14 months and I didn't use it for atleast a year before I let him use it.

Well I just solf my M6 and Terra30 for enough to get a new F75 and some new killer bee headphones. Problem is I ordered it after they were out and my new machine isn't due here till the 15th.

So tonight when my buddy called about an afternoon/evening hunt I had no choice but to grab the EX. Got to say I was pleasently surprised with it. I installed a headphone jack in it as they didn't come with one. It doesn't have VDI, Pinpointing or all those fancy ID features I am used to. But it did hit solid on targets and I dug 23 coins and atleast that many PTs in the 1-1/2 hour hunt i used it. I also dug some nice early 70 s pennies over 4" deep with it.

To be truthfull, I did better with this $89.00 machine from BH then I ever did with the 250. And, pinpointing using the Xing was even more accurate then the 250. For an inexpensive machine with only notch, sensitivity and on/off I don;t think someone wanting a nice clad/jewlery machine could go wrong.

BigRon

May 22, 2007
Richmond Texas
Detector(s) used
, BH Lone Star, BH Pinpointer, Homebuilt BFO, Index finger
I have the same setup. I bought the EX at a pawn shop for $8.00 and a broken gold necklace and added the 8" coil that I got from Kellyco. So far I havent had time to use it much, Ive just retired and plan to change that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread