soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a USB microscope to examine some of my cons. This thing is cool!

cons_04.jpg cons_03.jpg cons_02.jpg cons_01.jpg

Upvote 0

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very interesting ,, what is in the last pic above red stone ?

OP
OP
soupfreak

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats black sand cons I have been saving up. It looks to me that it has some copper and gold. I am assuming the red stone is garnet. I also see a trace of blue stone in there as well. All in all it's just cool seeing it magnified.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning soupfreak,
Thank you for sharing the pictures taken via your USB Microscope. I assume this is a video scope and would like to know its brand, model, cost and company you purchased it from. If it is what I think it is they are small, very useful, plugs into a computer and runs off of software when they are associated with some form of measurement software. Thank you in advance for the info. Cool Post!!...............63bkpkr

OP
OP
soupfreak

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning soupfreak,
Thank you for sharing the pictures taken via your USB Microscope. I assume this is a video scope and would like to know its brand, model, cost and company you purchased it from. If it is what I think it is they are small, very useful, plugs into a computer and runs off of software when they are associated with some form of measurement software. Thank you in advance for the info. Cool Post!!...............63bkpkr

Thanks. It's the Aven 26700-300 ZipScope USB Digital Microscope. Got it from Amazon.com:

Amazon.com: Aven 26700-300 ZipScope USB Digital Microscope with 2 Mega-Pixel 10x-50x Optical, 200x Digital Magnification: Industrial & Scientific

With shipping and tax it came to about $95. Looked to be the best bang for the buck. I also bought a gooseneck stand:

Amazon.com: Optional Gooseneck Stand for Digital Microscopes: Industrial & Scientific

While I was trying out the microscope I discovered that sands were getting into the unit, so I highly recommend getting some type of stand with it (the stand it comes with is somewhat small and flimsy.) The gooseneck works great.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a deal ?

2 mega Pixel.... adjustable 20x to 800X ...Free Shipping from Hong Kong $38.59 !
2MP 800X USB Digital Microscope Endoscope 8 LED Magnifier Camera PC Computer AAL | eBay

• 2 Mega pixels CMOS camera.
  • Magnification adjustable from 20X to 800X.
  • Capture snapshot image or video.
  • It has 8 built-in LED lights on camera head to illuminate the inspection area.
  • With a stand to support the camera.
  • This inspection camera has many applications including industrial inspection, electronic accessories inspection, plant dissection/examination, skin examination, scal examination, textile inspection, jewelry inspection, collections/coin Inspection, printing inspection, inspection dissection/examination, PCB or PCBA inspection and so on.
Specifications:

• Color: Black
  • Image sensor: 2 Mega Pixels
  • Controller: High Speed DSP
  • Magnification: 20x -800x(Manual)
  • Still image format: JPEG
  • Video format: AVI
  • LED light: 8
  • USB interface: USB 2.0
  • Item size: 3.2 * 11.4cm

Package include:

• 1x USB Microscope
  • 1x Tripod
  • 1x Driver
  • 1x User Manual

Last edited:

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Klondike here...

Just got my VEHO VMS-400 Deluxe USB 'scope.....it is plug and play with a small disc for software..... software extremely easy to use...works REALLY easy... it's not complicated..from Amazon.. with shipping, $78 ...

I am very happy..haddn't really thought of it until I saw this post.. now I love it...

Attached is a pix at about 300 mags... I'm still getting used to it.. but when I look at my pan of black sands I see a few specs... then when magnified..wooow!...

Everyone should have one of these...

Klondike...

Attachments

• 1st run top red dirt haf yard.jpg
    1st run top red dirt haf yard.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 248
  • 1st run top red dirt haf yard 2.jpg
    1st run top red dirt haf yard 2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 181
  • 1st run top red dirt haf yard 3.jpg
    1st run top red dirt haf yard 3.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 251

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that is really cool. I've been fooling with computers for years but I had never heard of a USB Microscope. I'll be looking into one of these very soon. Thanks for the pics and info.

Hickory1

Apr 12, 2012
NE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have one of those too and I have to say that when you see the sand you walk on under this lense you want to step more softly! I had no idea there were soooo many "finds" (garnets, etc.,) in common sand....I believe that is in fact a garnet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread