Excal 1000 Back but need help

locosmith

Apr 5, 2007
Wagoner, OK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro,Cortez
I bought this on here last week will went out to try it and it appears There is a problem with the head set. Are these stero? My right phone comes in some time. No threshold tone. Also are the knobes to be real tight? You have to turn up the threshold and then back down slowly if not you lose it. Will the disc out bottle top screw? This one don't, sounds real good but only bottle top. Need help never used one of these..Loco

Well I got it back new yellow phones installed and unit checked. I have a couple of questions,
1. I seem to get lots on hits or the threshold changes a lot? What does this mean.
2. when I hit a pull tab or something close its a solid hit. I think this is right but I can tell on the softer signals.?
I've dug down 8 inches on a soft signal twice but can't find anything? Will this thing go that deep or deeper?

I can't tell to much difference by running items across the coil. What tones do you all here and how stable does the machine get?? Loco TIA

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Excal 1000

You need to send it in for repairs. The sound should be the same volume in both ear cups. The knobs are push on type and the problem you are facing in having to turn down the threshold after turning it up all the way is not the plastic knob but interally.

You will not hardly be able to disc out bottle screw caps as these are very high in conductivity. To do so would lose most coins and jewerly too. I run my disc at about 1 or 2 at the most. Sens. at about 11 o'clock or Auto when learning the sounds. You must learn to scoop the tones that make the proper ramp up an ramp down sound in a low tone for the gold.

Suggest you get a book on hunting with the Excal and Sovereign GT.

Attachments

• CJC\'s book (WinCE).jpg
    CJC\'s book (WinCE).jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 231

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread