Excal 1000 saved and born again

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Remade a new straight shaft, arm cuff and leg stand all out of aluminum. Pin point modification, peltor mod and rewired, adding heat shrink tubing to the coil wire to protect the wire insulation from fatigue as well as other parts vital to water proofing. OBN...I can't thank you enough for educating me on how to do these mods and repairs. Because of you I don't have to buy a new machine or send it in for repairs. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions to guide me through each of my repairs and mods. I couldn't have done it without you and I thank you sincerely! image-649974674.jpg Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Attachments

• image-1315007448.jpg
    image-1315007448.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 116
  • image-740806452.jpg
    image-740806452.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome LIR, looks impressive, Nice work!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks great! :thumbsup: I see gold in its future, Grasshopper. :laughing7: (If you're old enough you'll recognize that Grasshopper remark for what it is and how it relates to learning from the Master. And if not, then man I'm getting really old!) :BangHead:

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks great! :thumbsup: I see gold in its future, Grasshopper. :laughing7: (If you're old enough you'll recognize that Grasshopper remark for what it is and how it relates to learning from the Master. And if not, then man I'm getting really old!) :BangHead:

About to turn 43 so yeah I understand. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to love kung fu!

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just finished up changing the O'rings under the control knobs thanks to OBN's video.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread