excal 800 does anyone fix in tampa bay area?

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in tampa bay area and my xcal 800 is acting up I bought it used and it really hasnt worked right since I bought it. My health has kept me from going out for a long time now and today I went out and it kept falseing. Constantly. I got it to work somewhat by putting it in pinpoint mode it still falsed but not as bad. I found forty cents then it quit working but would still false. When I ran it over my scoop and coins I found it didnt work but while going back to car it would sound off here and their. Any help on what I can do for it would be appreciated ,thanks capt.

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you checked the coil cover?
Sounds like a leak in the coil or coil cable. Davespen can fix this for you, Treasure hunter has his number.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in tampa bay area and my xcal 800 is acting up I bought it used and it really hasnt worked right since I bought it. My health has kept me from going out for a long time now and today I went out and it kept falseing. Constantly. I got it to work somewhat by putting it in pinpoint mode it still falsed but not as bad. I found forty cents then it quit working but would still false. When I ran it over my scoop and coins I found it didnt work but while going back to car it would sound off here and their. Any help on what I can do for it would be appreciated ,thanks capt.

Check your PMs, I sent you a message.................

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I think my message to him got threw, it started falseing as soon as I turned it on, hopefully its an easy fix

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might also be those headphones. Remove the muff and 4 screws and take a look at the wire casing. If cracked it causes all kinds of wierd stuff to happen.

Dew

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pop Top,
One more thing to try, I don't think it's the problem but it only takes a few seconds to check out.
Make sure the prongs on the battery connector are spread out to make a snug fit. Strange things happen if there is not a tight connection.
I keep a spark plug gap tool in my save a hunt bag and have to use it periodically to get the prongs spread back out.
Be careful, dont overdo it.
Good luck.
Gary G.

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pop Top,
One more thing to try, I don't think it's the problem but it only takes a few seconds to check out.
Make sure the prongs on the battery connector are spread out to make a snug fit. Strange things happen if there is not a tight connection.
I keep a spark plug gap tool in my save a hunt bag and have to use it periodically to get the prongs spread back out.
Good luck.
Gary G.

Thank you im gonna check it out to see

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pop Top,
Good luck.
Gary G.

This was the problem, I want to thank you and everybody for all of the advice and treasure hunter and dave, thank you !!! , I spread those prongs just a little and sure enough that was it. Dave was going to meet me and I called and left a message. I could not make it out today but im going for sure saturday. Million thanks again , capt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions