Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Y0u can get the Anderson lower excal shaft for $39 or the Minelab replacement lower shaft for $42, both sold at Kellyco...

OP
OP
PullTabPete

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Y0u can get the Anderson lower excal shaft for $39 or the Minelab replacement lower shaft for $42, both sold at Kellyco...

Thanks TH,

I didn't know if there was any benefit to getting the whole 36'' Anderson rod replacement kit that was $119 at Kellyco. I thought I read before that was easier to swing, if not I should just get the $39-42 lower rod replacement.

Pete

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the stock shaft now, get a complete straight shaft as a replacement. Anderson and Plugger make a good one.

OP
OP
PullTabPete

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have the stock shaft now, get a complete straight shaft as a replacement. Anderson and Plugger make a good one.

Thanks Mark for the reply, unfortunately I saw this about an hour after I ordered the lower rod replacement. I almost went with the Anderson straight shaft.

Pete

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mark for the reply, unfortunately I saw this about an hour after I ordered the lower rod replacement. I almost went with the Anderson straight shaft.

Pete
Maybe you can exchange it? I use the Anderson CF shaft w-stock lower rod, It positions the pods back behind the elbow. Definitely easier to swing, but it makes for a long machine. Also, the foam on the Anderson handle is a little spongier than I like. I think that the Plugger shaft might have a better handle and grip? I need to see if I can find a better grip that will fit mine. JMO

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you can exchange it? I use the Anderson CF shaft w-stock lower rod, It positions the pods back behind the elbow. Definitely easier to swing, but it makes for a long machine. Also, the foam on the Anderson handle is a little spongier than I like. I think that the Plugger shaft might have a better handle and grip? I need to see if I can find a better grip that will fit mine. JMO

The "long machine" gives you a wider sweep enabling you to cover more beach with each step... I personally find the handle quite comfortable...Just my opinion...

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "long machine" gives you a wider sweep enabling you to cover more beach with each step... I personally find the handle quite comfortable...Just my opinion...
I don't mind the length, while hunting. It's when putting it in a vehicle that I notice it. As far as the grip goes, I do not like the give that I feel in it as I'm swinging the detector. As you said ... it's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread