Excal II Strait Shaft

mikeothmer

May 3, 2009
I bought a new Excall 11 last spring and had always heard about people putting strait shafts on them. Today I made one for mine and I have to say what a difference! The controls are behind the elbow and the balance is GREAT. I used a hand grip off an. old aluminum crutch the kind that fit around your tricep. With the things I have learned here about settings and this modification I'm excited to go try it. I really didn't like it the first several times I used it and set it aside and went back to my tried and true CZ20. I like to hunt quiet and don't like to hear that constant buzzing but I never really thought about it . Recently someone posted about setting the threshold just so I can't hear it and I tried it and love it. I need to put some serious hours on this machine.

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny, I used the excal several years then got a CZ20, no threshold..almost went crazy.....either way you go both are great machines...We need pictures of your Mod...sounds good....Joe...

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long time CZ user, and at first I didn't like that threshold buzz either, however, now it's just the other way around, can't stand the complete silence. That and if you PP hunt that threshold can provide you a bit extra on the deep/faint responses.

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people hunt with the threshold just cracked on with no sound or threshold I tried it didn't like!

SnT

OP
OP
M

mikeothmer

May 3, 2009
Thanks guys, I hunted today for 7 hours and it's a winner! I dug one piece of a square pulltab at a measured 24 inches. I dug hundreds of other pulltabs also, one small silver ring,2 quarters 1 dime 1 nickle and 3 pennies. LOVE it without the sound of the threshold ! I need to figure out how to post pictures. I did figure out there is no gold in Nebraska because they spent all their money on BEER !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions