Excal II: Wrong thing to unscrew?

welc1713

Feb 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aloha,

I had the Excalibur II out today for my first time detecting. This was on the beach, so I was wanting to make sure it was cleaned well when I got home. I'm worried I went to far though. I unscrewed the nuts around the coil at the bottom of the control cylinder. Under this are rubber seals, and one came off. I'm worried some of the fresh water might have gotten into the chamber through this hole. Will it probably be okay? Is there extra sealant in the hole in case someone like me comes along and takes too many things apart?

Thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking about the nuts physically on the coil cable at the control pod..?

The only thing on the excal you need to remove and clean is the coil cover if your using one; I hunt salt water beaches, when I'm done I put excal in shower to clean and I do not remove anything....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Tenderfoot

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also use the excaliber II and wash it in the shower when I'm done in salt water. Recently it sounds like I have a loose connection between the coil and control. If hit with a wave or press the coil on the ground the tone disappears for a second or two then comes back. Any thoughts? Can I remove the covering from the ends of the cable and tighten the connection?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread