Excalibur Awesomeness!!

wraith1821

Dec 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Been doing a lot of detecting at night. Figured I'd rig the old dive light to the excal and make it a little easier for solo. :). Found it a little humerous but works great. Figured I'd share. :thumbsup: KIMG0176.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful, it is turtle season, bright lights not allowed on beaches at night... You need a red light which is allowed.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
wraith1821, are you hunting underwater ? (as in snorkel or scuba), or are you hunting on the beach itself ?

If on the beach itself, then one downside to try to use such lights (head-lamps , or things like your device), is that your eyes/pupils focus to *just* that beam. Pretty soon, you will become blind to everything else around you. I've always found it better to just let my eyes adjust to the moon-light. That's enough to allow swinging, walking, etc.... Naturally you'd have to pick nights where the moon is 1/3 full or fuller, ...... :)

OP
OP
W

wraith1821

Dec 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
I have color filters for it:thumbsup: and only use in the water. Too darn heavy for walking the sand. Lol

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use a harness, I have 2 excals with 15 " coils, can swing them all day long with harness......

OP
OP
W

wraith1821

Dec 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Super late response but thank you. Ill def check into getting one. Just got back out after repairing and my arm feels like it may take a vaca from my body. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread