Excalibur button instead of pot

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
I am getting to really know my Excalibur pretty well. I am detecting using the pin point (all metal) mode and then when finding a target, switching to the discriminate mode to check to see if the target is worth digging. If it is deep and is able to be detected with the pin point mode and not with the discriminate mode, the target is usually a good one. I'm finding that the Excalibur is deeper with the all metal mode.

The one problem I am having is the pin point / discriminate pot.

Is there a way to wire into the Excalibur with a switch instead of a pot and locate the switch at the handle?

I am trying to think this thing through and was wondering if anyone else has thought of and or is doing this. Any ideas of a waterproof switch that I could possibly use for this purpose?

My Excalibur has the straight shaft and I am getting a little tired of looking back and having to move the knob on the pot to change modes. The pot is also kind of loosey goosey when it comes to the switch point. I can often move to knob quite a bit and not get it to change between pin point and discriminate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread