Excalibur coil cable help

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zip ties help me and not to tight with a little extra cable around the coil and a zip tie their to allow for coil movement

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wrap it by spinning the lower shaft inside the upper shaft. leave slack at the coil so the coil can move up or down. fasten down at wrapped ends with Velcro strap or zip tie threaded through a piece of tubing.

OP
OP
nutsdad

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wrap it by spinning the lower shaft inside the upper shaft. leave slack at the coil so the coil can move up or down. fasten down at wrapped ends with Velcro strap or zip tie threaded through a piece of tubing.

That's a great idea thanks

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You have to allow the coil to spin while you wrap it. Otherwise the cable will want to kink up. Wrap by disconnecting coil from lower shaft. Take lower shaft out or leave it in. Up to you. But as you wrap it, the coil needs to spin one rotation for every time you wrap. Its time consuming and a pain. But you can get it yo come out good. I use zip ties. Cut them off rinse cable once every other week or so an coat with silicon spray.

That's a great idea thanks

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hip mount my controls or I should say I hang them from my neck. The cable is run down one side of the shaft an taped every couple inches down to the coil where there is a small loop for the coil to move. The shaft is bungee corded to my belt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread