Excalibur I Battery

Gravitytester

Feb 29, 2016
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine lab Excalibur I, Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased a Excalibur I at a auction for a really good price. It came with two batteries and no charger. I bought a charger and charged the batteries. I left each one on the charger for about 12 hours each. I didn't use the batteries for a few weeks but when I did, they did not last long. Just wondering if it is normal for them to discharge over time with no load connected to them or do I maybe need to replace the batteries?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They may be going bad so the amp hours could be low..... What color are the batteries in the batter pods?

What is voltage of battery after fully charged, it should be between about 13.7 to 14.5 after full charge. Your charging cable should also be putting out 18 volts... Check both with a volt meter...

OP
OP
Gravitytester

Gravitytester

Feb 29, 2016
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine lab Excalibur I, Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hooked one up yesterday and when I took it off the charger this morning it was 14.2 volts. These are old batteries that came with it originally I suspect. The detector and battery pods are blue.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hooked one up yesterday and when I took it off the charger this morning it was 14.2 volts. These are old batteries that came with it originally I suspect. The detector and battery pods are blue.

Didn't want to know color of pod, but rather the color of the battery inside the pod...... It sounds like your batteries charge fine but are going bad and will not hold a charge for long. A new NiMh battery for an excal with 1600 mah is $59.99 plus shipping...I use them and a full charge lasts from dawn to dusk with still plenty of power left over...

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Or take them to a Batteries Plus Store and they'll install new batteries in the pods right there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread