Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wash my Excal2 after EVERY use in the water. That includes the interior of the shaft. All of my other equipment is included at the washing stations.
The wet suit has to wait till I get home.

I have not yet cleaned the terminals, but I do reapply silicone grease at least once a month. ( A little dab will do you.)

Preventive maintenance is a lot cheaper then full failure repairs.

HH
Ralph

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes wash it off everytime you use it...Matt

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My detectors as well as my scoop and finds bag all take a shower before I place them in my van.....When I get home i only have to rince my wetsuit and my shoes if I wore them back to the van through the sand.....

OP
OP
Moe (fl)

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Where do you get the silicone grease? Is it the same as white lithium oil?

I found a Danco Silicone Grease. Is this what you use?

Do you unplug (disconnect) the battery pod before rinsing with water or do you leave it plugged?

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
Congrats on the Excal 2 Moe. The manual says to disconnect the pod before rinsing.I think it
is a good idea after seeing some of the other guys terminals who don't do it.As for rinsing
the detector,I submurge mine in fresh water to get to all the tight unseen areas.With mine
cuff mounted it makes it easy to dunk the unit in a bucket.That way it gets under the knobs
and everywhere else.Good luck and have fun.HH Joe

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Minelab Excalibur II
I got my pure silicone grease from a sporting goods store that carries SCUBA equipment, they use it in the regulator from what I understand. HH Joe

OP
OP
Moe (fl)

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume you mean unplug the battery before rinsing. So this means that it is okay to rinse the plug terminals and battery ends. Do you leave the battery pod attached to the frame or remove every time for cleaning?

Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread