Excalibur II

Pacific_Searcher

Sep 30, 2016
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted in the minelab section but I will try here too. I have an Excalibur 2 that the coil and headphones wires are severely cracked and frayed. I have a replacement set of grey ghost amphibian headphones and an aftermarket cors coil which are new. I was wondering if the minelab service center at kellyco will install the coil and headphones and any idea what the cost would be ? Machine is definitely out of warranty.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they will If you furnish the coil and headphones they will install them for you. You will be charged just for the labor for installation. Call them for the price.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told by RC it is down to about 8 weeks although a few detectors may be longer due to part shortages and waiting for parts to arrive.

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told by RC it is down to about 8 weeks although a few detectors may be longer due to part shortages and waiting for parts to arrive.

Reminds me. Mine has been there since June 10th. I'll call tomorrow.

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
You may want to reach out to Minelab as they've opened a new repair center in Arizona. I was told by the US rep that they were up and doing repairs on land machines in April and waiting on tanks to do pressure checks for Excals and 3030's.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine to since June.

They told me they are out of coils and are awaiting a shipment.

Per Dave in repair center they are out of some parts including the excal coils and are waiting for more. May be a 2-3 more weeks before they get them as Chicago is also out of them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can all way put a Sov coil on it for you. Dang good coils. ML in AZ...... really? Has ML posted that on their website and are their numbers available/addy? THATS a great move. They go over them pretty good.......including pressure testing which most cant do themselves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread