EXCALIBUR PROBLEMS, CAN ANYONE HELP???

ggmaui

Aug 27, 2006
maui
I have had my excalibur since September of 2006, I bought it used from someone here on the forum, has been great. I went to the beach the other day and it just stopped no sound or power. Thought it was the batteries, went home changed them and went out again the next day. Seems to be shorting out near the battery pack? any suggestions on how to fix this or do I have to send it in?

Thanks for any help?

ggmaui >:(

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like your going to have to send it in for repair. One thing to try before sending it in is to remove the plug to the battery pak and dry off the terminals. Apply silicone grease to the threads and top of the plug and screw it down. If that doesn't cure it, send it in. It'll come back as good as new and maybe be blessed too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try Sandmans' suggestion first. I had a similar problem although I did not lose all sound, it went nuts a couple times at the beach and I thought the Excal was broke. Per Sandmans suggestion from a thread on TN I read I got the silicone and tried it and it did fix the problem.

If you don't get the connector tight enough water gets in and shorts the contacts out. Be careful, you don't want to over tighten it. The silicone helps if you don't get it just tight enough.

The silicone is now a part of the normal supplies I keep with my Excal and I apply it often to the contacts at the battery connections.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread