excalibur ss

Scottso

May 8, 2009
long island new york
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75se, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab etrac, Tesoro sand shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi... im a 14 year old boy who has been metal detecting since I was 6... I just recently purchased a minelab excalibur... so far I have found a few rings.. including a scottkay pt950 platinum size 12 mens wedding band. the rest are silver... If you guys have a streight shaft for the minelab excalibur... I need one... im willing to trade also... thanks for looking... thanks.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
I made a straight shaft for the Excalibur myself. It's very easy, took less than an hour and is real cheap. Just find some Aluminum tube from am old lawn chair or tent (I got mine at a junkyard), one of these extensions for a bicycle handlebar (they sell them in pairs for a few bucks) and I made the armrest from a piece of PVC tube used for sewers (from the hardwarestore). Drilled some holes for the battery and controls and attached them with nylon bolts. And that's it. Has served me well ever since. Never found a platinum ring though. Good luck in your future hunts!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the plat ring! Like was said already, you can make on yourself for much cheaper. I would recommend measuring the diameter of the stock rod and then find some aluminum tuubing of the same size. Good luck, a SS is a HUGE improvement to the Excal.

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
IMG388.jpg IMG387.jpg IMG386.jpg IMG385.jpg Here are some photos of my homemade straight shaft.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Made a few over the years and this one would have to be the easiest and the least expensive..2 canes..5 dollars each from the thrift store. Or a little tip would be to go down to the local grocery store and tell them your grandfather left his cane....did the find it...many forget there canes on the carts and they just throw them away after awhile...the bike end handle you can get for about 10 dollars at walmart or a sporting goods store. Make sure you get the one that is 2 piece, all are angled strange and easly fixed by heating and twisting to align, if, it is the two piece one...good luck....
OBN0011.jpg OBN0012.jpg OBN0013.jpg

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made a few over the years and this one would have to be the easiest and the least expensive..2 canes..5 dollars each from the thrift store. Or a little tip would be to go down to the local grocery store and tell them your grandfather left his cane....did the find it...many forget there canes on the carts and they just throw them away after awhile...the bike end handle you can get for about 10 dollars at walmart or a sporting goods store. Make sure you get the one that is 2 piece, all are angled strange and easly fixed by heating and twisting to align, if, it is the two piece one...good luck....
View attachment 714738 View attachment 714740 View attachment 714739
I congratulate on this job!!:thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 714738 View attachment 714740 View attachment 714739

Nice looking and breaks down small for travel.....:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread