Excalibur sword finding steel only (so far)

yellastuff

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all , I have recently been given an old Excalibur sword in not working condition .I have got working but it seems i cant discriminate between iron and gold . Even the sound is the same . What switch should i replace or be looking at first ? it Weighs a ton but i know it has potential . I am sick of digging up iron . I am desperate to find more coins so any help will be welcomed . Thank Gaz

ZeroGold

Greenie
Nov 5, 2012
Somers Point, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter pioneer 505, Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Excal, Minelab Sovereign, Minelab Sovereign XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had that problem before on my new excal! Same EXAcT THING!!! I had run into the problem because I let my battery get soo low it messed up my disc and was digging steel and there was no tone changes exactly like you are experiencing! I highly recommend you get a new battery as I suspect yours is not getting a full charge. It was a full 24hr charge that fixed my problem and reset my machine!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all , I have recently been given an old Excalibur sword in not working condition .I have got working but it seems i cant discriminate between iron and gold . Even the sound is the same . What switch should i replace or be looking at first ? it Weighs a ton but i know it has potential . I am sick of digging up iron . I am desperate to find more coins so any help will be welcomed . Thank Gaz
Your title says steel but your post says iron, they are 2 different metals. Are you digging steel or iron?

Excal should be nulling ( loss of threshold when over iron) on the iron unless you have it set to all metal you should not be digging all that iron. If your excal's switch is set to discriminate and it is giving you tones on iron then it needs to be repaired.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It may be possible to install a pinpoint mod to override the disc/pp switch and see if that will bring you back to discrimination mode. Let me know if you need help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread