Excalibur

submerged

May 20, 2005
Fishkill N.Y.
Just had my excal apart and cut 6" off the coil wire near the pod if you moved it at all you would get a signal minelab said it checked out fine with no problem other than a O Ring go figure huh. I cut the section out and tinned the ends and resoldered them it works fine with no false wire signals. I checked it against known depth buried objects tin, coin, foil signals loud and crisp. I was told that changing the length of wire or adding a waterproof connector and different coil would change the resistance making the machine not work. That was from the early Minelab days, but they still wont install any other coil now except the 8" or 10" minelab. Turns out the wire and coil can be changed as long as they are 5 wire without any problem.

Another thing I made is a nimh battery pack 2050 mah, it works much longer than the nicad ever could. I got the batteries from circuit city $14.00 for 8 batteries 1/3 the cost of radio shack and the 8 AA battery holder from radio shack it plugs right into the minelab pod 10 minuets later its finished total cost $17.00.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread