Excalliber Question

jlord

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2007
I have had my new Excalliber for almost two months now and love it. I have found six rings with it so for. The only problem I have had with it the threshold will sound great and then the threshold sound will change to a different sound. It is not detecting a target . I will raise the coil near my water scoop and the threshold will sound right again. This will happen often. Most of the time I am hunting at the water line and its not the waves doing this it happens in the dry sand also. The machine runs very stable except for this problem. I would appreciate any help I you can give me. This is my first time posting on this forum. I was trying to decide which water detector to buy and found this site and made up my mind to buy the Excalliber and the Flordia Straight Shaft.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What your Excal is doing is normal for a BBS detector. It is stable as a rock and it is the 'rebound' sound you are hearing from it id'ing a target that it rejected. After a short while of a few seconds, the Excal will revert back to the set up tone till you hit the next target. It's higher tone will not effect the way it sounds off on a gold ring for instance. It is puzzling at first............

OP
OP
J

jlord

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2007
Thanks MartyG and Sandman for responding to my question on Excalibur. Sure is nice to be able to get your questions answered that fast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread