Excelerator 10 x 14 coil with my 250

MayberryMonte

Sep 12, 2008
Soddy Daisy, TN.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I have begun to hunt again as the weather cools and rain softens the ground. I searched a couple of ballfields and tot lots plus a school playground in the last two days, all previousily hunted by me with my sniper coil. I thought it(the sniper coil) was good but the Excelerator will flat out find missed coins. I've found over 40 coins, mainly quarters, in the last 2 days. I'm still learning how to pinpoint with the big coil. I cain wait to hit some more hunted areas.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MayberryMonte said:
I have begun to hunt again as the weather cools and rain softens the ground. I searched a couple of ballfields and tot lots plus a school playground in the last two days, all previousily hunted by me with my sniper coil. I thought it(the sniper coil) was good but the Excelerator will flat out find missed coins. I've found over 40 coins, mainly quarters, in the last 2 days. I'm still learning how to pinpoint with the big coil. I cain wait to hit some more hunted areas.
DITTO I have the same coil. Your so right, the Excelerator will flat out find missed coins.
To pinpoint after I first locate the target, I back up and raise the back of the coil to a 45 degree angle and approch the target with the front tip on the ground . Wait for the tone or use the pinpoint button. As soon as I here the sound the target is very close to the front tip of the coil. HH Extractor

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your idea of finding missed coins with the larger coil may just mean you didn't over lap enough with the smaller coil and the larger one covers more ground per sweep, but also has trouble with more minerals under the coil and junk targets which mask other coins. ( is that a complete sentence?)

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a learning process but once you figure it out your hooked. Beware try to avoid junk areas

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Your idea of finding missed coins with the larger coil may just mean you didn't over lap enough with the smaller coil and the larger one covers more ground per sweep, but also has trouble with more minerals under the coil and junk targets which mask other coins. ( is that a complete sentence?)

I think that is a run on sentence, but this ain't no English class :laughing9: I have the large coil too; you will cover more ground in a shorter time than with the standard 9" x 6.5" coil. The only problem was pinpointing and I liked Mayberry Monte suggestion too. But for all intents and purposes it seems that the pinpoint is still dead center. The best way to check is drop a target and pinpoint without looking and once locked in take a peek down at your target. I hope this helped :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread