Detector(s) used
Etrac ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell it ? To be serious you should be getting a couple of extra inches over the stock coil. The other side of the coin is KellyCo slashed the price....Why ? Plus quite a lot soon came up for sale and that can't all be put down to it making the detector nose heavy.
Makes you wonder if there was a bad batch that came out. If you can't get a reply here and would go to a Garrett specific forum and ask someone to do a few air tests for you. Then it might be a case of getting the dealer to do a swap for a new coil.

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I put one one my 250 and never took it off. It did give me a couple more inches. First thing I did with it is went to an old park I was hunting at the time and went over areas where I had already hunted. The coil did pick up a few coins (mercs) that the stock coil never seen. It is also more stable than the stock coil. If you're still only getting a few inches on coins then sounds like there is a problem. The only downside to the coil is the weight. But you get used to it. Also, it is pretty sensitive to electrical interference from overhead lines and stuff. One tip on pinpointing: you pinpoint off the front or tip of the coil.

-Swartzie

OP
OP
E

Electricboy

Greenie
Nov 21, 2011
Ogdensburg,NY
Detector(s) used
Etrac ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input! I played with it and got it to detect deeper! I found three clad pennies in my back yard that mt stock coil missed. My yards really small so I had gone over it really thoroughly with the other coil. I also dug a piece of aluminum over a foot deep and that impressed me. I'm gonna try to get out an old farm house this week to see how it does.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread