Excerpts of a teleconference between prospectors…

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff: Dude, where you been? Why didn’t you pick up when I called?
Jeff: I was on my way to the sluice.
Jeff: Oh ok, as long as it was important.
Jeff: And it’s cold and it’s raining.
Jeff: Yep same here. BUT, CA has thrown me a bone. A last shot window kind of thing this Friday. Low 40’s to start out but sunny all day. Anyway I need your help. You said I could call and I’m calling.
Jeff: What’s up?
Jeff: I started researching my Land Matters CA DVD for area specific information. It was pretty boring and very discouraging really till I found a spot, an answer and a riddle.
Jeff: Go on.
Jeff: Well it seems an old patented claim was being worked...by himself and he was finding coarse gold and a few nuggets. I traced the notes to the spot I thought they referred to… but then had to make sure the road existed during the time of the report because it was used as a point of reference (the report was from the early 20’s). And the report also shared these numbers on its location BTW…(unintelligible)
Jeff: Ok got em. I see where you’re talking about.
Jeff: OK, so here’s the mystery. Why would they dig a quarter mile ditch from one small stream to power a water cannon when a bigger stream was at the source? Maybe because it was upstream and the pressure was generated from gravity? IDK
Jeff: Could be. What do you hope to accomplish? What are you after?
Jeff: Oh yeah…I almost forgot. The base of this placer mine was surrounded by a fifty foot by 12 inch wide wood sluice supported on posts with Hungarian riffles. I want what fell out! And the river is back to normal…and after Friday then all he** will likely break loose again…the planets have aligned and WTF do I do? I’ve never played at research before but I think this could be a good start??? Right?? What do ya think??!! Huh Huh?
Jeff: I would find a base near a mountain within a quarter mile of the creek that looks 80 years old, swing a detector and find me groups of round headed nails. If they left that sluice behind… it will be there and so will the gold.

A gold buddy? Priceless!

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
The NEXT Phone call....

Jeff: Yo man! I thought you were going to call me back after you got done burning those steaks on the grill so Karen didn't start chewing on your arm. What happened?
Jeff: Sorry man. I really REALLY meant to call you back but I ended up having to go to the urgent care here in town and get my arm taken care of. I wasn't quite fast enough on the grill because we talked on the phone so long and I was trying to cook by flood light. Kind of hard to hold the phone and dial with one arm in a sling and bandages on the fingers of the other hand. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions