mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by my local TD branch today to take out some cash and buy a box of nickels. I mentioned to one of the tellers that i was talking to another crher there a few days ago about his search. He also drops off bags at this branch. The teller mentioned to me that they were planning on putting an end to dropping off coin in bags, at least at this branch and closing his account. I asked what he was bringing in per week and was told 10-12 bags per week. I'm currently bringing in 5 bags per week. As I expect to be dropped from TD as well; i've already starting dropping my half dollar orders in anticipation of this. Just a reminder, if you use Penny Arcade as a non-customer, you will be charged a percentage fee that I think is 6%. That's $60 for every $1000 counted thru penny. So, those of you that think it's ok to dump large volumes at one bank, take this as a warning. The tellers may seem ok with it but someone in Corporate may be taking notice. At least i was given early warning, the other fellow is not going to see this coming.
BTW, the nickel box produced 6 war nickels and a 1920 Buffalo. Have a good holiday everyone. MM2

Attachments

• DSCN4256.JPG
    DSCN4256.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN4255.JPG
    DSCN4255.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread