explain notch/also sensitivity

R

ranger ricky

i have a bounty hunter, time ranger, regarding sensitifity, where it says "sensitivity" then a plus or minus, button to press
can you give me a explanation of this feature, and where you use it.

and lastly when you make mention of notching something out, am I correct in assuming on my unit if I can restrict the unit from signaling on a pull tab that i have notched something out

thanks

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK ; I'll give you My take.? ?SENSITIVITY : this is there to sort of "Fine Tune" your detector to get the most out of it. Depending on Ground Conditions, Less Sensitivity Is Better Then More. if while detecting, your machine gets Erratic, you can turn your sensitivity down some until you get a nice even tone.?You may wanna try re-adjusting it, every time you search different areas, as the higher you can set it and still get an even threshold tone, the more sensitive to small items your detector will be. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? NOTCH ; this feature is there. in case, SAY you have been getting alot of a certain type uf can tab. BUT you don't want to loose out on nickels, or small gold rings. take one of those can tabs place it on the ground & wave your detector over it, while turning the notch slowly, until the signal disappears. you have now notched out those particular can tabs. Now lay a nickel down. depending on where the notch is set you may still be able to get some? nickels & some gold. you should have a Jefferson war nickel, a newer jefferson, a buffalo & a Liberty V to try when you notch out any can tab position. If you still want to find nickels. and also, just because yo notched out a can-tab won't mean you wont find them. it will however cut down on the quantity you find. by the way. $5.00 gold coins fall in can-tab range also........... I hope this helps ; Good Luck ; Happy Hunting , jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread