Explain Road Trips....

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
It is hit or mis usually but when they have them buy all they got. Good luck to you.

Golden Silver

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
If they say they have no halves in the vault, I always demand that I be able enter it myself for proof. Rarely do they allow that.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and don't forget eat as many WHITE CASTLE hamburgers or equivalent you have in your area during your road trip. This will insure your have a very long and memorable roadtrip.

Remeber you always get your best advise from your dad!

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
The teller let me into the vault today to pick up my boxes. I was hoping to see some bags of halves in there.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
placerman said:
Sorry for the newb question but can someone please explain a "Road Trip"?

Do you just go to several banks and ask for their halves?

Ive tried this with a few banks and every one of them had just a few, usually less than 5 dollars worth, or at least that's what they told me.

Always ask if they have any in the *vault*, be sure to keep a bandanna in pocket to wrap the rolls from vault in, they do not like to give away their Bank bags. O' do NOT wear it when you enter Bank even if you do feel sorta like Jesse James hitting all those Banks- just remember you do not use your Bandanna for same reason Jesse and his friends did.

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
A road trip is when you pretty much get in the car, and just drive! Stop at every bank you see, and ask what you're looking for (ie: halves, large dollars, etc.)

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
most here just pick a direction and then either map quest the banks in that area or put it in thier gps which maps out all the banks for you. alot of roadtrippers call ahead to see if they should bother stopping. they also map out where they can dump.

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
I did a couple of "Road Trips" unaided (just drive) and did OK. The best ones were when I took the GPS or phone and searched "Bank" or "Credit Union" and followed the arrows - I found MANY hole-in-the-wall banks and 2 of my best scores were from tiny "kiosk" banks in grocery stores!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread