Explorer series on gold coin or jewelry??

claytargethntr

Sep 20, 2009
I am VERY new at this game and have been doing a lot of reading, the main purpose of looking into a metal detector is we have 1 old ghost town and several old homesteads on our property. The two detectors I have kind of singled out are the Explorer II or SE or a whites DFX. Now for what I am doing I think slow and deep is better suited. While I see that minelabs have had a lot of luck finding silver coin. I have not seen (and I have done a lot of reading) anybody mention digging gold targets (not nuggets per say but coin and jewelry)? So looking for input. Thanks

Claytargethntr

OP
OP
C

claytargethntr

Sep 20, 2009
I went ahead and chose the explorer II. Should be here friday. Plenty of time to play with it before going to the ranch. From the time I was a kid I have always wanted to take a detector up to these places and look forward to it. I was just hoping some would post some gold (coin and jewelry). I am sure this machine will do fine.

Claytargethntr

Cuerno

Jan 31, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
I have had the Explorer XS and the Explorer II and now the E-Trac, they all will give a signal on gold rings and gold coins(one dollar and 2 1/2 dollar and 5 dollar it will detect with no problem). Where they have a weakness is on small gold chains that have have nothing attached to them, many of my wife's gold ankle chains the Explorer or E-Trac will not detect. Here is a chain with a Jewish mezuzah I found, a iffy signal on the chain and a solid signal on the mezuzah. The gold coins I have were bought to make a program screen for the Explorer. Happy Trails 2 U...

Attachments

• photo (16).jpg
    photo (16).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 350
  • goldcharm.jpg
    goldcharm.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 336

Cuerno

Jan 31, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
The gold coin case is not the right one for the coins i have

Attachments

• G coins.jpg
    G coins.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 344
OP
OP
C

claytargethntr

Sep 20, 2009
well I have answered my own question. After going out to the same beach after work every night for a week, I found two gold rings about 10 feet apart on two different days. I guess I dont need anymore proof than that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread