Explorer Users - Conductive 07 & 08; Pull Tab, or gold?

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dig every signal that has a mostly solid Co of 06, with allowance for some fluctuation, but there has to be an 06 hit for me to dig it, and when I do, 95% of the time it's a nickel. The other 5% is a broken newer pull tab. I can handle that ratio.

But what about a Co of 07 and 08? Every time I dig an 07 or 08, it's either a pull tab, part of a pull tab, and occasionally a ring pull, or bits of one. The rule of metal detecting is dig the pull tabs, because gold rings the same as a pull tab. But every reference chart I can find doesn't show really any 'good' targets ringing in at 07, except a 10kt woman's class ring, and a 14kt diamond ring (both from Chris Burrough's The Beep Goes On charts for the Exp & e-Trac).

I'm wondering if any of you Explorer users (I have the SE) have pulled gold that rang up as an 07 or 08 on the conductivity scale? If so, what was the Ferrous number (if you remember).

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It would help letting us know where you're hunting mostly. In a trashy park, then yes try to isolate those specific numbers that have a better chance of being a gold ring. If hunting a wet sand beach, well, dig every number.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug a small womens gold ring at 12/6 Gold can come in almost anywhere depending on the size and karat. If you want rings, you have to dig a ton of trash, no way around it, period!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread