Explorer XS vs Tesoro Tejon

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad report but still lacking from the point of recovery speed and general detecting speed. What's better 10 inches on an average find with the Explorer or 8 inches from a Tejon on the same site but the Tesoro can cover twice the ground in the same time.

Then the comment re being able to buy a Tejon and a Silver Sabre for the cost of an Explorer. Trouble is you still would not be able to detect on a wet beach as the Minelab can, so would need to buy a third detector.

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Well said Brian, but (personally) I found that both the Explorer (and) the Sovereign both lacked the depth of the Tejon and the abiity to detect tiny objects like the Tejon if searching in more ideal conditions. The person who posted the information has his ideas, but so do we. The Tejon was of course so very much lighter than the other two too. The ML's (unquestionably) handled bad soil MUCH. MUCH better, but in average to more "iron-free" soil - the Tejon beat the two Minelabs like a redheaded stepchild, for all-out depth. The combination of Explorer/Tejon though might very well make an excellent combination, you think? A combination of a Tejon/Silver Saber makes no sense to me at all, one being a watered-down version of the higher-priced spread, while the other is the full meal deal.:thumbsup:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't agree more. Any multifrequency machine should be matched with a good single frequency one but people do get brainwashed. I see there's an upsurge in the "I've found X number of coins/rings this year with ......" I wonder if they ever consider how much more they might have found if they really matched machine to sites ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread