Explorer11

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
mainly just new pinpoint nothing more spesial except- SE pro new pro coil. but still the same explorer not faster not slower.

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Minelab Explorer XS is a very good detector if you like the way it operates.
The Explorer SE was an improvement as the processor is faster and a few programing changes were made.

Dont discount the XS as some people like it better than the SE.
SE = latest and greatest in the Explorer line up.
XS = Rock solid performance proven by the test of time.

The E-Trac is the one detector that can be said to outperform the XS by a noticeable degree.

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
what i saw all explorers the same speed and processors is the same,its just mystification's about speed improvement! but etrac is faster and procesor faster but still its explorer, not new invention.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Willee said:
The E-Trac is the one detector that can be said to outperform the XS by a noticeable degree.

Huh. :icon_scratch:

You just said this a few days ago...

"A big improvement if you use that display to ID targets.
No big circuit changes so I really dont understand Minelab's contention that it is not a continuation of the Explorer line."

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,357781.0.html

So it will "outperform the XS by a noticeable degree" but there are no big circuit changes?

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
teoreticly etrac should outperform s,xs,2,se only just for speed and for deeper pro coil, but if s,xs2,se and etrac without discrimination? :dontknow: IP you need gold coin and etrac :laughing7:

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Willee said:

Huh. :icon_scratch:

You just said this a few days ago...

"A big improvement if you use that display to ID targets.
No big circuit changes so I really dont understand Minelab's contention that it is not a continuation of the Explorer line."

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,357781.0.html

So it will "outperform the XS by a noticeable degree" but there are no big circuit changes?

Yep ... that is what I said.
Big ... as in comprehensive component and circuit changes.

As I understand it ... most of the improvement comes from software reprogramming but there were also a few changes to the firmware and hardware.
The E-Trac sported the new PRO coil (which can be used on all Minelab FBS detectors)
Reference: Andy Sabisch ... Explorer and E-Trac Handbook ... pages 34 and 35.

Shambler

Aug 18, 2008
Under the Trees
They all make amazing finds - you can't go wrong with any of them. They are so far ahead of competitors that they can have the worst service and still sell more machines. :laughing7:

If my EX2 breaks, I'm buying another Explorer - don't really care if it's an XS, II, or SE.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
If the could just make a good readable display they would have a winner. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread