Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I was dumping at a chase bank.. I remember everything I had.. It was 490$ in quarters and dimes.. But the lady gave me 590$ I was in the drive thru, so she didn't count in front of me.. And I didn't open it to count it... Anyways, I'm gonna go back and return it, who knows, maybe ill score some brownie points!!! ;)

Dawg why on earth would you return it?

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did u dump that much at a drive thru?

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got two rolls extra in dimes and returned them. Since then picking up coins from them I much easier. I def give it back also.

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some tellers can get fired for that kind of thing. I think it would be good to return it. Who knows that teller might give you anything they come across.

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
How accurate their drawers are plays a roll in their advancement in the company. I purchase 40 in cwr rolls of halves the lady gave me 3 rolls of halves and a roll of golden dollar coins. So on reality gave me 55$ for 40$. I brought it back and now she saves all her silver for me :). There is karma in the world. You get what you sow

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I was dumping at a chase bank.. I remember everything I had.. It was 490$ in quarters and dimes.. But the lady gave me 590$ I was in the drive thru, so she didn't count in front of me.. And I didn't open it to count it... Anyways, I'm gonna go back and return it, who knows, maybe ill score some brownie points!!! ;)

Return it, do the right thing. I have had one bank give me extra twice, once was about $100 in quarters and the other time was a much larger amount. I dont even have an account there but after the $100 in quarters they knew I could come back with it. It was an honest mistake both times on their parts.

Dawg why on earth would you return it?

Because those with some self respect do the right thing. Is it worth someone losing their job because of a honest mistake? I dont think it is worth the $100 gain to intentionally ruin someones life, not in a economy where finding a new job is near impossible, I dont think it is.

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
I returned it.. The manager said they will save me any halves that come in from now on! Score!! Doing the right thing ALWAYS wins!!!!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had many tellers make mistakes. I sold $100 in dimes to a teller once and she handed me $200, and of course I returned it. She was so thankful.

Bank policy is a discrepancy over $5 results in disciplinary action up-to and including termination. The $100 in my pocket isnt worth the guilty conscience or the bad karma.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those banks didn't think twice about giving the CEO's a big bonus after all the bailouts though, if it wasn't possibly going to cost her job I'd say keep it but wouldn't want the person doing all the work for little pay to lose their job over it.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did the right thing... I am a believer in Karma, what comes around goes around... You not only established trust with this specific bank, but also have a new connection there... Glad to see you took the right path.
hh

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a teller email me and tell me she accidently gave me 40.00 over in quarters and if it was ok to bring them back in the morning. I checked and sure enough it was 40.00 over I called her and told her I would be coming in to give it back to her. I have gotten silver from her on more that one occasion. KARMA works.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I returned it.. The manager said they will save me any halves that come in from now on! Score!! Doing the right thing ALWAYS wins!!!!

I applaud you for that. I don't believe in karma but I definitely believe in doing the right thing. Treat others as you would like to be treated, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours, friends take care of friends, etc. You helped your relationship with the bank and they'll pay you back with treating you right. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread