Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
I used to use the Explorer SE Pro, and now bought the E-Trac. I see no reason to keep the SE Pro and will be selling it. The E-Trac is a fabulous machine!

Wes-N-VA

Nov 9, 2008
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
The XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neil,

I have used the Explorer XS and the Explorer II for many years and they are both wonderful machines when you spend time with them and learn the sounds and settings. I purchased an Etrac in November and I have not looked back at my Explorer II, which I just sold. Remember, the Etrac is not an upgraded Explorer. The Etrac is a machine of its own class. My reasons were pretty simple...weight! The Etrac is lighter and more suitable for my kind of hunting here in Southeast Virginia...swamps, bogs, wet terrain, and some pretty good ravines to manage. I am a relic hunter in search of Civil War relics mainly.

I would say that the Etrac outperforms the Explorer modules and here are my reasons and opinions (remember...opinions!)

1. Lighter
2. Better and faster switch board (more information intake and faster)
3. More balanced when I swing the detector
4. Better hand grip for longer days
5. Larger display screen, clearer, and brighter.
6. Sensitive to the smallest targets.
7. Target ID holds better to me
8. Of course you can upload new programs or touch up your own that fit your style of hunting.

In the few short months that I have owned the Etrac, my button finds have increased a lot. The buttons seem to come across better with a smoother sound on the Etrac than the Explorer II. My overall depth has increased also. A usual day out with my Explorer II, I would say my average depth was 6" to 7". My Etrac seems to be pulling finds down in the 9" to 10" range with ease. I have gone back to some of my previous Civil War sites that I have pounded for years and I am starting to get deeper targets than before...NOTE.....>>>White's MXT and Tesoro Machines have been used on these very sites by some of my friends who are seasoned relic hunters, so the Etrac is outperforming these fine machines to. I agree with Brett...no need to keep other machines around when you learn the Etrac. It is a wonderful machine that can grow with you over the years. Good Luck!

Wes

OP
OP
NeilinFR

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5