Extremely Trashy Park Help

banjonyc

Sep 13, 2012
Brooklyn NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White Beach Hunter ID 300, minelab Excalibur II
I have an AT Pro and a Excalibur II. I am hunting the park near me with an AT Pro and I have to tell you its been quite challenging. The park is incredibly trashy everywhere and the signals on the pro are truly all over the place. I usually try hunting in standard mode, as the pro mode is really just a bunch of noise due to the trash. Unfortunately, the std mode is not much better. I was thinking of trying to hunt with my excalibur as many on this forum use it on land too and gets pretty deep, but I'm guessing ill just have the same noise/falsing problem with that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Upvote 0

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The excalibur will fail miserably on land at a place with that sort of trash density. Best bet is to use your discrim on the at, a smaller coil, slow sweeps and lower the sensitivity. Make sure you gb it correctly.

Good luck!

Pick up a deus ;) They are a beast in the trashy sites.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
best option is to use a smaller coil so you can get better separation and slow your swing.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If its close by you can start clearing it out. Urban areas are tough (lot of XP in downtown Chicago). Also, that low soft iron grunt you're hearing could be silver at 8+ inches, you'll never know till you start digging!

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know how an AT pro works but if you can change the tones according the tid numbers then set it up with a wide field for what you don't want to dig and a very narrow field for what you want to dig. Then open up the screen(no discrimination) and just enjoy the noise. When you hear that one tone you're listening for, dig.

OP
OP
banjonyc

banjonyc

Sep 13, 2012
Brooklyn NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White Beach Hunter ID 300, minelab Excalibur II
Thanks guys..using a small coil now....Ill keep at it, but man its a pain. I literally can drag my pinpointer on the ground and get hits from both trash and coins....not many if any detectorists there at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread