Eyeball Find - 14K gold ring crushed in road

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Didn't need my detector today. The sun finally came out after a rainy week so I was walking to the convenience store and spotted something shiny in the road. Dang it, just a piece of metal. Then I started hoping I'd eyeball some coins near the bus stops. When I spotted this glint, I almost passed it thinking it was just another piece of metal but I couldn't help myself and stepped back to check it out. It looked like a gold ring that had been run over. I got kinda excited but then saw where the stones were (about half were missing) and thought it looked cheap.

After I bought some stuff, I stopped to check it out more closely on my way back and spotted the 14K mark on part of the bent band--woohoo! Weighed it when I got home and it's 9.6 grams. I tried to spot the other diamonds on my way back but couldn't remember exactly where I'd found it. I was checking out just about all the glints I saw but no luck, mostly broken glass. oh well, still a great find plus I shouldn't be tempted to keep it since it's so smashed up. It must have been run over a few times.

DSC07871.JPG DSC07872.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 12
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice recovery! You never know what you will find by being aware of your surroundings.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye!! Congrats!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, take that mangled mess to the jeweler and cash in!!, i wonder what ya can get for it

nice eye!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing wrong with free gold. congrats!

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found a big 925 ring in a dirt lot that looked kinda like that but hey they still melt. Nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread