Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been traveling out of the country with my wife doing the tourist thing. There were 19 people in our group and we had tours and activities prearranged so no time to detect. So no detector with me. We were on a river cruise through Russia. I was surprised by how clean everyplace was. The people were friendly like they have been everywhere we have been. I am always looking and trying to spot lost coins and jewelry. We were gone for 12 days and not a coin, earring back or anything (which is unusual, I usually find something) until the last minute.

As we were getting our luggage out of the compartment under the bus at the airport I looked down and spotted a shiny something in the depression between the curb and the sidewalk. We were in a hurry to check in so I scooped it up and put it in the outer pouch on my bag. After we checked in and got through security I took it out and took a good look. It was marked 925 and it looks like it is Russian amber. It looks good and they do sell amber everywhere we have been in Russia. So I did find a nice little bit of treasure (and my wife likes it) so I am happy. Treasure is where you find it.

D1697DEA-2D57-40E4-91D9-81F82E7BAE34.jpeg

Most of the group was flying business class so after the check in we didn’t see them (they were in the lounge provided for the business class passengers) until we were at the gate and then just in time to board the plane. So I didn’t have a chance to tell anyone about my good luck until we were in Frankfort Germany for our final flight back to the states. Some of use were selected for a random security check. While we were in line I mentioned it to a good friend we have traveled with for the past 10 years that I had found a bracelet. He said that his wife had lost one. They had looked at them in many locations on the trip and finally settled on one they found in Moscow. I asked what it looked like and he described the bracelet perfectly. I told him the good news and he said he would let me break the good news to his wife.

When we rejoined the group at the gate and pulled out the bracelet in front of his wife and said “look what I found”. She was so surprised and happy she gave me a big hug and many thanks. She thought her beautiful bracelet was gone forever. She thinks it must have come off when she took off her sweater as they got their luggage from the bus. You can see where the hook on the one link bent open and came out of the loop. I advised her to have the jeweler solder that part closed on all the links when he repairs it so it can’t come apart again.

1A0D7692-05FF-4769-AFCF-CC3D4DA8FAE4.jpeg

So a bracelet lost in Moscow was returned in Frankfurt and we have another happy return. My wife is not disappointed she lost out on the find because she is happy her friend got her bracelet back and also because l bought her a natural Alexandrite and diamond ring on the trip.

With a little luck I will get out and do some swingin of my detectors later this week. Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things

Upvote 27

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job sounds like you were meant to find it... Enjoy your vacation I havent been on vacation well over 10 year and now Kids and College. Great post thanks for sharing it. Honorable mention

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice story, and isn't it something you were the one to find that bracelet. WTG. I'm glad you get the opportunity to travel.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice story, and isn't it something you were the one to find that bracelet. WTG. I'm glad you get the opportunity to travel.

It is quite a coincidence that I found it. Since I retired we do get to travel once or twice a year, but we do save hard to be able to afford it. (My wife likes to travel and she still works part time to help pay for them). Thanks for your reply.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story, thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find and story!

You were meant to find it because she was meant to have it! Honorable mention from me as well! Good Deed indeed!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find and story!

You were meant to find it because she was meant to have it! Honorable mention from me as well! Good Deed indeed!

Thanks for the comments and HM vote.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job sounds like you were meant to find it... Enjoy your vacation I havent been on vacation well over 10 year and now Kids and College. Great post thanks for sharing it. Honorable mention

Sorry you didn’t get a vacation. My kids are all grown and the grand kids are starting college. Thanks for the HM vote.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread