EZ-sluice ???

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a little research into Angus Mackirk stream sluices. I've finally ordered one today [ Recon $69+ shipping]. I live in IN. and understand what you mean about our gold and our waters. Going to stick with a home made fluid bed (bazooka style) and the Mackirk. This should cover just about anything I run into here.

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Z.daniel88 I've read good things about the Keene sluices though I did read that someone had a problem with the fold up back pack sluice I bought an el-cheapo sluice a couple years ago and it serves me well no fancy miners moss just riffled carpet but it still does a heck of a job having only cost me $35.00+shipping the only negative feedback I've heard is Keene has quit putting the inspection "V" matting at the flare of their sluices I'm going to post pics here of mine and as you will see I have no inspection matting in mine either but it does pick up microscopic gold I live in Indiana to and just got back into prospecting.
Most of the places I work are within a half hour hike from my home so I'm lucky in that respect I was concerned that maybe I had the wrong sluice for catching fine flour gold but have brought something home every time I've been out so far. sluice box#1.crop.JPG sluice carpet.JPG

Indy_Cars

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gentlemen. My name is Michael and I have got bitten by the gold bug. I have some property south of French Lick Indiana that has a creek running through it and I think it will be fun to try my luck. I noticed you talking about box types and I just got a Wolftrap box. The guy that builds them seems to be a jerk, but the box seems to be a niceone. Just wondered if any of you have used this box and what you think and also if anyone has tried the patoka lake area. I get alot from your posts so a big thank you from Indy_Cars (Michael

OP
OP
Z

z.daniel88

Feb 17, 2012
Richmond IN
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
never heard of a wolftrap but i will be looking it up after this post. There is good gold in southern indiana you should get the book Gold and Diamonds in Indiana from the geological survey in bloomington. lots of info on where gold has been found indiana as well as a lot of info on the glaciers that deposited the gold here. personally i havent found gold but one spot here locally and its a creek bed that has blue clay exposed with build up of river rocks on top. i have set the sluice aside for now and strictly pan for fear of losing gold, but am definitely looking into a bazooka gold trap. Good Luck !

Indy_Cars

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Z.daniel88, Thanks alot for the info. I too am new and have only tried to pan. I drive by the Geological Survey when traveling to French Lick so I will be sure to pick up the recommended book. The area I am going to work is mostly a creek with exposed bedrock, but have not seen blue clay. Now that I have read more, I will look for that too. The wolftrap was purchased on eBay. It seems to be well built and the guy who makes these was a chief engineer for a Colorado mining company. I am hoping to spend some time this weekend playing with my new toy. I just hope I will be able to recognize gold if I see any. Thanks again for the info and good luck. Post some pictures if you get lucky!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions