F-2 Questions ?

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have read some posts on the F-2 and found good info but was wondering how well the notch system works,and also
the different tones heard.

My Tesoro uses both notch and tones and has worked well for me. I am thinking the TID may help me since my
current machine does not have this or depth indicator and this gets frustrating sometimes when shallow zincs are
present.

The price sounds great for the features on the F-2. I also like the large display #'s. I think minelab whites both use the
larger #'s but what is there close to that price of the F-2 .

Cladder

Sep 30, 2009
Richmond, Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, minelab xterra 70
I am new to MD'ing and this is my first machine, so i dont know how much help i could be at comparing. I really like it as far as what i paid for it. The nothcing system works really good, I have been to areas that have had alot of trash and iron in the ground, and if i nothc it out, you never hear about it again. Do notice that the numbers tend to jump around alot, and it will have a hard time decriminating pieaces of trash. It loves coins though, and is usally right on when it hits a coin.Also that pinpoint feature really works good once you get used to it. All in all for the money I think its great, but some one that has had more time with this hobby and used other machines might be able to help you out more.

OP
OP
Jazdo

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like its workin great for you cladder. have you found any silver with it yet. just wondering how those read out.

Cladder

Sep 30, 2009
Richmond, Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, minelab xterra 70
no havent been that lucky yet, but did find a musket ball that read as zinc 57. and u will know if you hit a coin, its usally right on. I'll let you know how it does when and if i find some silver

wltdwiz

Jul 6, 2008
Arizona
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Minelab Vanquish
Minelab SDC 2300
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
AQUA TRACKER
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
nokta /makro pulse dive
blue nemo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the f 2 is the neatest coin machine i have used in 35 years & ive used them all .. its just a fun detector..super light weight, gets good depth ignores the iron & its a coin killer with the 4 inch coil. & it can separate the nickel from the square pull tab. battery life (2- 9 volts) is decent with headphones.. a great little detector at a great price..
just my thoughts
good hunting
walt
Jazdo said:
Have read some posts on the F-2 and found good info but was wondering how well the notch system works,and also
the different tones heard.

My Tesoro uses both notch and tones and has worked well for me. I am thinking the TID may help me since my
current machine does not have this or depth indicator and this gets frustrating sometimes when shallow zincs are
present.

The price sounds great for the features on the F-2. I also like the large display #'s. I think minelab whites both use the
larger #'s but what is there close to that price of the F-2 .

Sim_Player

Jan 12, 2010
Camano Island, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Tesoro Cutlass2
Great detector.

Silver sounds off better than clad. I just wish I could find more of it around here.
I get the impression that coins sink really deep around here in Washington State with all the rain and soft ground. Dunno.

This area was also settled only in last 100 years.

Some other buggers probably dug up my silver.

-Sim

HCA1961

Feb 1, 2010
Pikeville, KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F-Point pinpointer, Gray Ghost ears
I got an F-2 for Christmas. The first time I used it was around a set of bleachers, and it was a REAL coin hound. If it read "DIME", I found a dime. In an hour I found 13 clad coins totaling $1.98 (but then I got too cold and had to go home and renew my friendship with Mr. Beam!).

The next time I took it out was on an old house site..........the F-2 indicated tons of iron, all of which turned out to be nails. I notched out iron, then continued hunting, finding a silver fork, several shotgun shells, a few .22 short shells, and also got a blip on a hole that grew deeper and deeper.....I'd dig, find a nail or pull-tab, then wave the F-2 over the hole again.........only to get another bleep. Eventually, I dug down to about 8 inches and found an old axe head (which will probably make a nice paperweight for me once I figure out how to clean it!). Anyway, I think the F-2 is a great machine at a great price!

HunterOfSnakes

Sep 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I have had this great machine for 3-4 weeks, and yes, I have found a 1946 dime at 4-5", as well as a ring, so it will find it. Research is key.

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a real clad hog that's for sure. It sounds off real nice when it finds silver.

If you learn the numbers you really don't need to notch out stuff because the TID is so accurate. Depth read out is a little off, reads deeper than it really is on shallow coins. The TID bounces around from 27-32 if it's a nickel.

The 4" coil is a real pleasure to use in high trash areas.

If Fisher added auto ground balance it would be a real killer and put some high end machines to shame.

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
I'm thinking of buying one of these once I get back in the US, wondering what type of depth it gets? I'd like to hear from anybody relic hunting with this machine. I likely use it in Virginia (red clay, quartz soil) Md (same) then Penna

Thanks

flood city Kid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread