F-75 LTD--what settings are best for just finding gold rings?

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just curious and would like some advice from some seasoned F-75 LTD owners. If you are just looking for gold rings mainly, what settings do you personally use and what kind of success have you had? I know there may be a difference between beach hunting and land hunting. I am mainly concerned with land hunting and parks and the like. I also know that you will expect to dig alot of trash too. Thanks for your input.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no settings that just find gold rings. Many gold rings are in the same conductivity range as many pull tabs so if you disc out the pull tabs, you won't hear the 90% of the gold rings. The other 10% of the gold rings are in the foil and silver range and I have had a few of the ladies white gold rings ring up in Iron too. Since gold jewelry is alloyed with all kinds of metals the ID numbers will be all over the place.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best I have found is turn descrim up to 15 and dig all foil and pull tab ID's. 2f tones dig all repeatable tones.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm pretty close. I run at a discrimination of 6 and 2F tones, and, like Stoopstroop said, dig anything near a nickle reading. Foil usually falls apart pore if you "X" the target. But, a gold ring on edge or with a large head may also. There is no free lunch for digging only go rings and no foil or pull-tabs.

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the responses. I will take the advice. Just have to dig, dig, dig.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry.. added new link!

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Don't know if it will help you, but I just got my F-75-black from Big Boy's last Friday, so I am real new to it just coming off a MineLab Explorer II.
I got called out to find a gold ring for a guy tomorrow, so I took 3 gold rings out in the yard tonight. Two of them 14k and one 10k. I was using the factory settings and one 14k and one 10k both rang at a solid 28. The larger 14k was bouncing all over from the mid 20's to mid 50's.

Like I said, I am new to this machine but thought it might help.

~KANSAS~

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kansas said:
Don't know if it will help you, but I just got my F-75-black from Big Boy's last Friday, so I am real new to it just coming off a MineLab Explorer II.
I got called out to find a gold ring for a guy tomorrow, so I took 3 gold rings out in the yard tonight. Two of them 14k and one 10k. I was using the factory settings and one 14k and one 10k both rang at a solid 28. The larger 14k was bouncing all over from the mid 20's to mid 50's.

Like I said, I am new to this machine but thought it might help.

~KANSAS~

Thanks alot. Guess I have been too lazy to gather some gold rings and do a test myself. I was just thinking that you could knock out the high and low numbers, like bqased on what you said, knock out 27 and lower and 51 and higher and just dig everything and come up with some more rings and not deal with anything outside the range you set....I know you would miss some good stuff, but increase the odds that you will find more jewlery....Thanks for your input! Bryan

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
This may be a stupid F75 newbee question.

I read above Stoopstroop comment:
Best I have found is turn descrim up to 15 and dig all foil and pull tab ID's. 2f tones dig all repeatable tones.

My question is, if you are looking for stuff like "Gilligan" is, using Stoopstroops settings, would it be best to be in the "Je" process ? or does that make any real difference ?

~KANSAS~

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kansas said:
This may be a stupid F75 newbee question.

I read above Stoopstroop comment:

My question is, if you are looking for stuff like "Gilligan" is, using Stoopstroops settings, would it be best to be in the "Je" process ? or does that make any real difference ?

~KANSAS~

That is a good question

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JE turns on a special "boost" process or higher gain. Gets more sensitive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread