mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Well today was pick up day for dimes and nickels. Started at my favorite bank where I get at least 2 dime boxes per week. Sometimes I hit them up again later in the week as they are a busy branch and always hook me up. She brings out my boxes and I see they are 2012's. I asked about cwr and was able to swap 1 box back for the cwr. So far so good.
At my next stop, different branch of the same bank, I ask for my boxes and teller says sure, but she has to talk to her boss first. Uh oh. She comes back and says that they just became aware that they were supposed to have been charging me a fee all along. $12.50 per box. I have had two other branches of this same bank tell me right up front that to order me boxes, there would be a fee, which of course, I'm not going to pay. In order to salvage something from this trip I asked if I could swap here my other box of 2012's for cwr and kicked in another $50 and got $300 in cwr. I didn't charge them a fee for my fed box I traded them cause I'm just a nice guy. Now I'm hoping the first branch I hit today doesn't decide to F bomb me. We shall see.
My next stop, at a TD bank I got two cent boxes and two more 2012 dime boxes, plus $100 in cwr dimes. My last stop, at a branch of the previous bank, that wouldn't order without a fee, I traded a box of 2012 dimes for cwr. Again, I didn't charge them a fee. Got through $300 in cwr before I ran out of time, one silver Rosie. HH
Merc

Upvote 0

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Dawg you should have started screaming until they gave it to you for free...

OP
OP
mercury1

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eminem said:
Dawg you should have started screaming until they gave it to you for free...

I'm not sure I agree with this but it made me laugh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread