F2 and wet sand

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wouldn't do well because it is a single freq entry level with preset ground balance. Understand not all saltwater beaches are the same when it come to the salt concentrations and black sand so it could work well at one place and not another. Still you could lower the Sens and see.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman said:
It wouldn't do well because it is a single freq entry level with preset ground balance. Understand not all saltwater beaches are the same when it come to the salt concentrations and black sand so it could work well at one place and not another. Still you could lower the Sens and see.

:thumbsup:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt Renshaw did a field test in one of the U.K. detecting magazines and seemed to suggest that it worked fairly well on wet sand for a single frequency detector but though I think its a good detector for land/dry sand use it just doesn't cut it on any beach I've been on.

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't see how you could go wrong with an F2, for the money you get a WHOLE LOT of detector. There are lots of package deals right now, 2 coils, a pin pointer and an F2 for around $200

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a hunting buddy who uses one in the dry. Heck of a machine and would pay for itself in no time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions