White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bgsnmky said:
Just crurious if there is any update from anyone that has purchased the F2. I am deciding between the two right now and read thru this thread. A couple people were buying them and were going to report back...

love to hear some results.

Depends where you are and your skill level.........
For starters Ace 250....in decent soil.

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok I have the F2 I have had an Ace 250 "peace of junk" Some of you have raised the F2 to a level it can't live up to. Is it a good detector for $199.00? yes. Is it deeper then other top of the line detectors? No way. I tested all the Fisher models and Whites recently and compaired them. The F2 is a supper quite beginner coin hunter. It will pick out coins up to about 6" deep in most soil conditions with a fast responce. It can find coins next to junk others miss because it has such a fast responce. It is very light and easy to use no ground balance. What is deeper then it. Everything the Fisher series has above the F2, F4, F5 "super detector for the money" F75 best in the Fisher line. Whites line that go deeper everything above the Prizm line. Fisher 1266X blows them all away for depth,"but not ease of use or discrimination" Nautilus any one of them beats the F2 for depth not for ease of use responce or discrimination. If you want a cheaper detector that can be used for anything and has really good depth get an F5 at $499.00 or cheaper with a trade in. It has an auto ground balance or manual, threshold adjustment, notch in or out. Discrimination control. target ID. depth indicator, tracks ground phase all the time. 10" Elliptical coil and more. If I couldn't afford an F75, MXT of DFX that's what I would use. Hope this helps others decide PM if you want more help, I sell detectors that's obvious but I also use them. Reid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread