mikeinnepa

Greenie
Feb 3, 2013
Lakevillepa
Detector(s) used
F4/garret propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a long time i have wanted to get into MDing and I finally bought an f4 this winter.Too frozen out to use it yet, Can't play with it inside, so I am planning a test garden to learn on once ground thaws and drains a little. Can anyone with a f4 suggest what would be a good test garden to plant? What distance between items is needed? Any settings that seem to work better?

I had one day during a kinda warm spell where I could ground balance and experiment with it( not really a DAY , just an opportunity) and dug up a 6 inch piece of aluminum siding buried at 7 inches.

What sucks is where i live there were so many places of interest to dig 15 years ago. Old homesteads/farms, old campground, and stories of what went on in the woods around here from charcol plants to stills, there must be things to find, but land has changed hands so many times,and gone back to banks, that its tough to find who to request permissoin from.

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Had my F4 for 3 months now and use it about 5-6 times a week. I was bittin bad by the MD bug.

RELIC or COIN hunting?

All land or are you gonna do beaches?

On land I use it in DISC and it works great.

Test bed usual clad, gold, silver, can slaw, and what ever else you can think of including the kitchen sink. I sank 1-1/2 PVC 2 ft apart and just have medicine bottles with the item in it and string attached. My kids have fun trying to trick me!

Ground Balance is a whole other animal. No 2 machines alike. some days at the beach I am on PRESET others not so much. PLEASE watch the FISHER video on ground balance it is easier to understand that way. Hobby Detector Videos

The test bed really helps too!! You learn the sounds. I can now tell a bottle cap by the bouncing tones. I still dig them, but at least I can tell what I'm digging lol!

Hope this helps some! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread