F44 ... Any thoughts or Opinions??

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just wonder why you are wanting to make a lateral move to another VLF detector?

OP
OP
H

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have any detector at this moment. I sold my AT PRO. I know it is a good machine but has to be one of the worst displays of any detector made. Horrible

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Captain Caveman loves his. I used the F4 and then moved up to the F75 LTD SE. You have many options with your budget.

Have you gone to the Fisher Research Labs Forum? It's under the Brands Forum. There are a few posts regarding the F44.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had someone tell me it was an extremely noisy machine?? Good but noisy.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any detector can be noisy if not set right for the site. Some people purposely set up their detectors to be noisy. I would have to say that both the F4 and my F75 can be ran too hot and will give false signals.

OP
OP
H

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The more I talk the more I am leaning into an F5?? This deciding thing drives me nuts.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am about to order a new F5. I would call and talk to Bart. He gave me a really good price. I also talked to fisher about the warranty on a used machine and it does not transfer to the second owner. Even though Fisher does seem to take care of there customers, there would still be some out of pocket expense. This is just my opinion. But knowing I have a 5 year warranty on a new machine gives me good feeling.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hammer, every machine you have mentioned from FTP is the Fratbros in house process shared by many FTP detectors. These are, the Fisher F5, F11,F22,F44, Teknetics Alpha, Delta, Gamma, Omega, Eurotek, Eurotek Pro, Bounty Hunter Gold, Platinum, Lone Star Pro, Quick Draw Pro and Land Ranger Pro.

All are going to give the same detecting experience, only offset by the options and coils used. The newer LSP, QDP LRP from Bounty Hunter, Eurotek and Eurotek Pro, and F11, F22 and F44, plus the Omega 8500 uses the latest process to come from FTP, and wind up using less battery power to accomplish more options without sacrificing depth.

It all comes down to the options you desire. And FTP has given many in the fields available, with the new 8500 having pretty much all of them.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Captain Caveman loves his. I used the F4 and then moved up to the F75 LTD SE. You have many options with your budget.

Have you gone to the Fisher Research Labs Forum? It's under the Brands Forum. There are a few posts regarding the F44.

I must have missed this thread. Yes, as Loco says, I love my F44. I recently bought an E-TRAC, so now I split my time between it and the F75. But, for rainy days and for parks where I expect to only find modern coins and jewelry, I still grab the F44.

OP
OP
H

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ty for all the thoughts. Choosing is the hardest part. My biggest dilemma is finding time to use it. Not the $$. I can afford any detector made. But I would never buy a top dollar machine to sit in my house the majority of the time?

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds to me like if you have the AT Pro, stop there. The F44 isn't going to give you anything more than what you have.

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
I am a detectorist of many years, who has owned many detectors, mostly high end models. Garrett Grand Master Hunter CX III was my first. Spectrum XLT, Fisher 1235, Fisher CZ6a, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab Explorer, Fisher CZ 70 Pro, Fisher 1280 Aquanaut, Garrett GTAx 550, Fisher F44, Minelab Go-Find 66. and others. I currently own 9.
The F44 is probably your best deal out there for a first detector, or a single all around use detector. Especially with the DD coil. Fisher has a reputation for depth, and that's even with skimpy 8 inch round, concentric coils. If you notice, most manufacturers take the easy way out to get depth by tacking a DD to a so-so detector.
The F44 has what you need to grow, without dropping another $500 on an upgrade. Its also weather proof, and you can add numerous coils from Teknetics.
Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread