Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't Panic!!!
You will be alright!
In many ways the Ace is too simplistic. A turn on and Go unit.
The Fisher will let you experiment much more and make you think and analyze what you are doing.
The Fisher will let you find deeper targets.
The Fisher ID numbers will help you decide when to dig.
The Fisher has more multiple and variable pitch tones. Much more advanced then the Ace high and low beeps.
Just take it slow and stay in default mode for a while

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought an F5 about 5 years ago, was not real happy with it because I came from an Whites 6000Di Pro. Then I bought a Minelab Safari, talk about a beast to learn. I started to take both machine out and after reading the tips and tricks have become happy with the F5, it has even help find coins that I missed with the Safari. Since I was learning the Safari I missed coins at first and that's where the F5 helped. So I will be taking both out from now on.....

OP
OP
misterchivo

misterchivo

Jan 17, 2015
Roma, Tx
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre and Garrett ACE 250/Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all for your comments and tips. I bought both on ebay, I wanted the Ace 250 and got it for $145 shipping included, I had place a bid on the F5 with my max bid of $280 when it was remaining 1 hr of auction, nxt thing I know I received a Congrats for winning the F5 for the $280 free shipping. I thought I was gonna get outbidded but ended up winning it also. I was told by a friend that it was a great buy, he has the F75 and recommended me the Fisher F2 for a beginer going for $215 on eBay so I saw the F5 a cpl bucks higher in price so I placed the bid, now I have them two and can't wait to start hunting.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F5 was my favorite machine for 7 years. Don't let it intimidate you. There are not too many machines that the F5 can't keep up with.

Learn with the Ace first, and once your comfortable with it, you will understand that the F5 just allows you more control over the ground than the Ace, and offers more information on the target. You got good deals on both detectors. Stay with us and we will answer any questions that arise and help get you detecting.

Last edited:

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
A few years ago on another forum I knew a guy that was very happy hunting with the F2 but had an itch to upgrade and asked my advice about moving up to the F5 since he knew I really liked the Fisher units and I was also good with the F2.
I said go for it and he did, but even though he had a good background and knowledge of the Fisher language he still struggled for a few weeks because of the mind boggling amount of settings possible on this big-boy detector compared to the F2.
Many PM's sent back and forth and he was telling me a great tale of woe of how unhappy he was, how he thinks he made a big mistake and so on.
He actually mentioned he felt like just taking the thing and chucking it into the nearest lake and I could tell he meant it.
All I did was continue to tell him to keep hunting and soon enough that AHA moment will come when he will finally click with it and all will be right with the world.
In about the third week that actually happened and since then he has gone on to find many fantastic things and still hunts with it and is still finding great treasure to this day.
There is a learning curve to everything, even the lowliest starter units need to be learned and understood to get the best out of them.
Just have patience and get your swing time in and pretty soon using it will seem as easy as tying your shoes.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread