F70 or Gold Bug DP

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi, I am looking to buy a new Fisher md very soon and am looking at either a Gold Bug DP or an F70 with the 11 in coil. 80% of the hunting I do is on the farm I live on, a 45 acre horse/cattle grazing pasture that hasnt been plowed in at least 30 yrs. I also detect a few old home sites,cellar holes, do some beach hunting and a few CW group type hunts when I can.

Most of my hunting is in central Va and also in S. Jersey when I am up that way working. I am in a semi hot soil area in Va and a mostly sandy type soil in NJ .

I think either one would be a good choice,what say you? Thanks, Bob.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did some extensive research into my next detector (and I do mean extensive!) and ended up with the Gold Bug Pro, the small coil twin of the Gold Bug DP.

Bart is right about the dual processors on this detector. They react very fast and this thing was built to plow through iron. It will pick up the smallest metal too. Once you set your discrimination and ground balance (easy to do), I think the Gold Bug can handle any of the scenarios you just described.

I also think you'll be very pleased with the depth it will give you.

OP
OP
RJH02

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for the replies. I'd like to add a standard T2 to the choices, I am going to order one of them as soon as I collect a few checks, Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions