oklahomabob

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2011

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
oklahomabob said:
I live in a restored 1904 house in Oklahoma. I have a f70 that i have set at program 1 disc6, de speed, senssitivity 70, threshold -1, 4 tones notch 2. I have found two merc's 1931-1938. I'm digging junk, small nails show up as 25 50 cents. I know there are old coins out ther but im digging nails what setting do i need to go too. thanks bob

I'm with Mike...I was going to suggest raising the disc to 12, and then also use 2 tones. Just an opinion.

GT

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I love the look of the f70....How is it compared to say an etrac or v3i as far as depth goes? Is it a capable machine?

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Capable to reaching good depth? Sure it is capable.

But in my opinion, I can't put it right next to the White's or Minelab you mentioned. There are other factors involved. It's NOT depth you need to be concerned about anyway....It's the machines ability to operate in HIGH TRASH, Say that 15 times... :D and its ability to separate the good targets from the bad ones. I have a $6,000.00 metal detector that goes a country mile deep, but is lousy in high trash. Remember this, the deeper you go, the more trash you intercept. Deep isn't always good. A few years ago I located a very "shallow" 18th century trash pit in S.C. , full of rosebud nails and Misc. scrap mixed with the good relics. I had left my small 5 inch coil for my Etrac at home that day, I remembered I had one of the kids Tesoro Comppadre's in the back of the truck. I spent that day using that machine pulling relic after relic because of the Tesoro's small coil and its ability to separate the good targets from the bad ones. Get yourself a Teknetics G2 or a Fisher Goldbug, and you will be thanking me. On another note, I noticed you were thinking about buying a used machine? You need to be VERY careful about buying used detectors without factory Warranties. You should see the machine function before you buy it ok? You never know what the last owner did to it. A warranty is very important to have with ANY piece of electronic equipment.

Does that not make total sense? :dontknow:

Give us a hollar if you need any more help. :)

MP

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
I know there are many variables (operator, soil, target composition, etc.), but I do quite well with my F-70 here in East Tennessee.

I have no problem holding my own against Minelabs or White's, but when I feel the need I'll get one of my Tesoro's or another Fisher. Sometimes I use the White's and Minelab, but mostly

it ends up being a Fisher or Tesoro. Tesoros' works best in trash around my area, White's next and then it's generally a toss up between the Minelab and Fisher lines.

Sky Pilot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread