F75 and the salt ocean

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace 250, Titan 2000 Xd
Ok folks I'm fairly new here But have a little bit of time on the F75.I mostly relic hunt :thumbsup:
But like to venture out into any type of Detecting..So me and the family just spent 4 days Down on Myrtle Beach SC..
After reading a few post and researching a bit about the F75 and hunting on wet sands..I was Itchin to try it..All I can say is WOW!!
I was totally surprised and impressed..Now just a bit about the Beach it was Packed with folks and I seen at least 3 other Detectorist covering the Beaches right where I was going to hunt..looked to be a Minelab excaliber, and a mxt and possibly A Xlt..I was zooming in on there units from my hotel Balcony with the cam-corder..Any ways the Beach is huge and theres always enough for everyone..I went to the Beach without a sand scoop all I had was a garden Digger..
I took both coils the stock DD and the 6"er small coil..I started in the Dry sand swaped over to all Metal motion to manual GB down between 8- 10 ,swaped back to JE mode wanted to find the smallest Items..I was amazed that the machine was good and stable
startied finding small hair clips,and even a small tiny staple 3" Deep ..I even ran at 99 sense and 0 discrim..no sand sifter so I was doing a good job a pin pointing just took longer..Decided to walk down to the wet sand....New real quick needed to go lower with GB..So I went all the way down to 0 GB and wow yes I could here the water when in JE But it was usuable and not to noisey..Found a few pennies and a quarter in the water Between waves..I decided to swap to All metal..use sense 80, GB 0, tresh-hold -1, audio + 9 it give off a zip zip..and wow the Setting of choice..I found another quarter..1967.., and few more nickels and pennies..I didn't find any jewlry..only hunted for a few hours in the mornings at mid to hi-tide..But I must say the F75 will hunt the salt oceans and FAST..I was using both coils under water and in the ocean with very little noise at 0 GB ...I even found a soda can at 13" in the wet sand just at the ocean breakers..Set the machine off Big time..My conclusive thinking is the F75 will do a good job hunting the wet salt ocean sands..I know I cant wait till next time..I am more pleased with the F75 with every hunt..Its ability to find tiny Items at such a quick pace if your willing to listen to a machine that will pick up and is sooo sensitive to ground Minerals and Balance..its just a nice do it all machine for me so far...happy hunting folks..james

OP
OP
liquid1

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Good evening.. jim...I forgot to mention I found something that looks like a possible meteor rock..It was in about 1 foot of water and 2" in the sand...
I'll post a pic kinda looks like a Black Grill lava rock..What I really liked about the small coil is it was easy to swing in the water and still
give Decent depth..Next time I will take your advise and get a sand scoop for sure..I like na worked myself to death...I need to start hitting some of these fresh water lake shorelines around here...Thanks james..

OP
OP
liquid1

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
:icon_pirat:...Jim it might be the real deal..it is heavy, I'll have it checked out..I also have another one I found in a local
state park that dates back to the early 1800's..hey the good ole grill Burger does sound great.. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
liquid1

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Hey jim, I haven't gotten the 1 at the park checked out yet..But I want to..The park just up the street from me Dates back as a working feed mill plantation it has a water wheel, This place goes way Back 1800 or Deeper..The Feds want let me hunt up close to the mill and old plantation site..just near the newer tot lot section is all I can hunt....I'll get some pic of both up to get opinions..not sure where to take it..
Jim I cant remember what it VDI at I think 17 in all metal, I'll check it again..james

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
liquid1 said:
Ok folks I'm fairly new here But have a little bit of time on the F75.I mostly relic hunt :thumbsup:
But like to venture out into any type of Detecting..So me and the family just spent 4 days Down on Myrtle Beach SC..
After reading a few post and researching a bit about the F75 and hunting on wet sands..I was Itchin to try it..All I can say is WOW!!
I was totally surprised and impressed..Now just a bit about the Beach it was Packed with folks and I seen at least 3 other Detectorist covering the Beaches right where I was going to hunt..looked to be a Minelab excaliber, and a mxt and possibly A Xlt..I was zooming in on there units from my hotel Balcony with the cam-corder..Any ways the Beach is huge and theres always enough for everyone..I went to the Beach without a sand scoop all I had was a garden Digger..
I took both coils the stock DD and the 6"er small coil..I started in the Dry sand swaped over to all Metal motion to manual GB down between 8- 10 ,swaped back to JE mode wanted to find the smallest Items..I was amazed that the machine was good and stable
startied finding small hair clips,and even a small tiny staple 3" Deep ..I even ran at 99 sense and 0 discrim..no sand sifter so I was doing a good job a pin pointing just took longer..Decided to walk down to the wet sand....New real quick needed to go lower with GB..So I went all the way down to 0 GB and wow yes I could here the water when in JE But it was usuable and not to noisey..Found a few pennies and a quarter in the water Between waves..I decided to swap to All metal..use sense 80, GB 0, tresh-hold -1, audio + 9 it give off a zip zip..and wow the Setting of choice..I found another quarter..1967.., and few more nickels and pennies..I didn't find any jewlry..only hunted for a few hours in the mornings at mid to hi-tide..But I must say the F75 will hunt the salt oceans and FAST..I was using both coils under water and in the ocean with very little noise at 0 GB ...I even found a soda can at 13" in the wet sand just at the ocean breakers..Set the machine off Big time..My conclusive thinking is the F75 will do a good job hunting the wet salt ocean sands..I know I cant wait till next time..I am more pleased with the F75 with every hunt..Its ability to find tiny Items at such a quick pace if your willing to listen to a machine that will pick up and is sooo sensitive to ground Minerals and Balance..its just a nice do it all machine for me so far...happy hunting folks..james

Liquid do you find the JE mode more sensitive than the all metal motion mode,would you say you can find smaller items in this mode versus the all metal mode? I beach hunt also and use my F75 at the ocean in the wet sand but mostly use the all metal motion mode.
Thank you,
Neil

OP
OP
liquid1

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Hey neilin, I like using the all metal mode in the settings on the beach sand ocean salt, it gives a sweet zip zip with the audio +9
I have found that JE mode to be very responsive to tiny objects when ever it can be used its my preffered mode with as little disc as possible...james

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread