F75 vs. Tejon ?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tested them side by side, but both are excellent machines. For someone to say their F75 goes so deep, you have to use all the variables that are at the location of the Tejon. Some locations one could be deeper than the other and vise versa. They are to close to compare I think.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compared to the F75, the Tejon is dead easy. You need a degree in electronics to wring out the F75 - I have a degree and I thought the T-2 was a handful. I should imagine the F75 is the same; maybe worse!

Have you ever heard of the Fisher 1266X? It used to be the one to beat and it is still a deep going, rock solid detector. Guess what? The Tejon works the same way and has it beat on several counts. At least as deep, the Tejon is much smoother while giving that depth. It also has VERY good iron DISC...something the 1266X never had.

So, what does that have to do with the F75? The F75 is all display and noise and twiddlies... you have a ton of things going on to process. The Tejon has none of that. Instead it is clean and simple.

Like anything, if used wrong either one will be a nuisance. You can crank em up to much in the wrong places, like trashy sites and they'll get squirrely - but so will anything else.

As always, in our quest to compare, compare, compare, we end up weighing apples against oranges. Both of these detectors work well and have their following. It depends on what you want:

+ Techno wizardry, lots of whizzbangs and good depth - F75
+ Simple and clean with good depth... without a lot of fuss - Tejon.

OP
OP
B

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks dahut, good, simple comparison.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i use the T-2 an think it is extremely easy to use, i understand the F75 is more sensitive. i would not give the T2 up, i don't use the screen much, only when in all metal mode, it still gives a id#. i run my dis. low and run 2 tones and it ids iron very well with a grunt even when the screen says its a good item, excellent audio. tejon has the price and coil selections and life time warranty going for them. most of my hunting is relic. good luck on your choice, don't think you can go wrong with either

bigolhorns

Nov 12, 2006
Forest Grove,Oregon
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 11" and 9.5 " Elliptical
Garrett AT Gold
Teknetics Gold Bug
White's "Mr. Bill modified" Classic IDX
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 8" coil
Teknetics Eurotek Pro 11" coil
XP MI6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had 2 Tejon's and an F75. Sold the Tejon's kept the F75. The F75 is easier to use and much deeper in my ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions